- Kari Paul from The Guardian joins the show to talk about The Guardian's guide on TikTok and the influence TikTok can have on aspects of people's lives, including the upcoming 2022 elections.
- Jason Koebler of Vice talks about Ticketmaster and why the cost of buying tickets through the company is so expensive.
- Mikah shares his story of the week about YouTube letting licensed healthcare professionals apply to be labeled as a reliable source on the platform.
- Finally, Jason talks about the rising costs of various streaming platforms such as Netflix, Disney+, and possibly even Spotify down the road?
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- From dance videos to global sensation: what you need to know about TikTok’s rise
- ‘We risk another crisis’: TikTok in danger of being major vector of election misinformation
- Revealed: how coyotes and scammers use TikTok to sell migrants the American dream
- Blink-182 Tickets Are So Expensive Because Ticketmaster Is a Disastrous Monopoly and Now Everyone Pays Ticket Broker Prices
- YouTube will let doctors and nurses apply to be labeled as reliable
- New ways for licensed healthcare professionals to reach people on YouTube
- Yes, Netflix just got even more expensive
- Disney Plus and Hulu are getting steep price hikes
- ESPN+ is getting a big price hike
- Apple increases US subscription prices for Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple One bundle
- YouTube Premiums family plan gets a price hike in several countries
- Spotify Will Consider Price Hike After Apple, YouTube Moves, Says CEO Daniel Ek