- Jaipreet Virdi, Assistant Professor at the University of Delaware, joins the show to talk about the unintended consequences of over-the-counter hearing aids being more easily available starting in October.
- Mark Gurman of Bloomberg spills the beans about when Apple's next event is occurring and what they will announce at the event.
- Jason shares some stats from a July 2022 Nielsen report about how U.S streaming topped cable tv viewing for the first time.
- And Mikah talks about a report from security researcher Michael Horowitz and how Apple's iOS devices aren't fully routing network traffic through VPNs.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- The Unintended Consequences of OTC Hearing Aids - Wired
- Apple Targets Sept. 7 for iPhone 14 Launch in Flurry of New Devices - Bloomberg
- U.S. Streaming Tops Cable TV Viewing for First Time, Nielsen Says - Variety
- Young watch almost seven times less TV than over-65s - Ofcom - BBC
- iOS VPNs have leaked traffic for years, researcher claims - Ars Technica
- VPNs on iOS are a scam