Sales software and video-conferencing applications turn to computer vision for more insight into impact. Netflix is facing a stock drop after it announced plans to tackle poor subscription rates. Just a few weeks after its launch, CNN+ is reportedly shutting down. “BeReal.” is a new social media platform that encourages authenticity.
First, Kate Kaye of Protocol stops by to discuss emotion A.I. and sentiment analysis. The two technologies are often conflated, but Kaye argues the two are distinct.
Then, The Washington Post's Alyssa Rosenberg provides some clarity on Netflix's dip in subscribers. The media streaming company may look to an ad-supported tier to help prop up its losses.
Then, following up on his story from last week, Mikah shares the latest news regarding CNN+. According to Axios, the premium subscription service will shut down at the end of the month.
Lastly, Jason shares his thoughts on the latest social media network to capture some cultural attention — “BeReal.” aims to encourage its users to share candid, unguarded, realistic shots of their daily goings-on.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- Why Emotion AI Sets off Warning Bells, but Sentiment Analysis Does Not
- Companies Are Using AI to Monitor Your Mood During Sales Calls. Zoom Might Be Next
- Intel Calls Its AI That Detects Student Emotions a Teaching Tool. Others Call It ‘Morally Reprehensible'
- Netflix’s comedown was inevitable. In fact, it’s a relief
- Warner Bros. Discovery is shutting down CNN+
- ‘You’re Not Glamorizing Anything’: Why BeReal Is Taking Over College Campuses With an Anti-instagram Ethos