Feb 1st 2018
Tech News Weekly 17
Fire Extinguisher Included
- 1:52 Kurt Wagner from ReCode explains what Facebook's earnings mean in light of the recent changes to the News Feed. Can users and investors both be happy?
- 13:01 Katyanna Quatch from The Register explains how some users on Reddit are using a tool called FakeApp to photoshop famous people into porn videos.
- 20:30 Michael Vladimer from Orange IoT Studio in San Francisco explains how Internet of Things devices have to solve real problems in order to be successful.
- 41:24 Gabriel Weinberg from DuckDuckGo talks about the iOS and Android app and their new extension for Chrome from the popular privacy browser. Also, how you too can break free from Facebook and Google, even if you think you can't.
- 1:00:35 Elon Musk's Boring flamethrower is sold out, but if you bought one he will also send you a free fire extinguisher.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Facebook lost daily users for the first time ever in the U.S. and Canada
- People spent 50 million hours less per day on Facebook last quarter
- How do we measure Facebook’s video business? Facebook still hasn’t told us.
- FYI: There's now an AI app that generates convincing fake smut vids using celebs' faces
- Nicolas Cage Can Now Be Put Into Any Movie in History Thanks to A Machine-Learning Algorithm
- Deepfake porn videos deleted from internet by Gfycat
- Redditors Are Putting Nic Cage Into Every Movie Using Machine Learning
- The secret to consumer enjoyment: Tech that assists users, but doesn’t replace them
- This ‘20/80 Rule of Big Data’ has huge implications for IoT tech
- Orange Silicon Valley is Orange's Bay Area presence. Our job is to bring Silicon Valley innovation to 265 million customers in 2
- Data Privacy Day 2018: Live Free of Facebook and Google Tracking
- Uber Car Seat
- "All flamethrowers will ship with a complimentary boring fire extinguisher" @elonmusk
- The Boring Company Flamethrower