Feb 4th 2021
Tech News Weekly 169
So Who Is Andy Jassy?
Amazon CEO Andy Jassy, Goldeneye 007, Apple App Privacy Labels
Amazon's Jeff Bezos announced he's stepping away from the CEO role, but who's the guy replacing him? (It's Andy Jassy.) There may be a remake of Goldeneye 007 on the horizon! Apple's new App Privacy labels may have an accuracy problem.
First, Fast Company's Harry McCracken stops in to discuss the news out of Amazon — Jeff Bezos recently announced he's stepping away from the CEO role and Andy Jassy will be taking his place. McCracken tells us about Jassy and what a Jassy-lead Amazon may look like.
Then, Sam Machkovech of Ars Technica talks about his time playing the ever-elusive, ever-asked-for remaster of Goldeneye 007. What's it like? Are there big heads? Machkovech waxes ecstatic about the game.
Then Geoffrey Fowler from The Washington Post joins us to share his findings regarding Apple's new App Privacy Labels for apps in the App Store. Despite the outward appearance that apps are accurately reporting their data-collection practices, Fowler discovered otherwise.
Lastly, Jason shares a feel-good story about meme stonks and Mikah gets all excited about Apple's rumored mixed-reality headset.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
- Jeff Bezos Is Stepping Down As Amazon CEO: Read His Full Letter To Staff
- Who Is Andy Jassy? 6 Things To Know About Amazon’s Next CEO
- We Have Finally Played The Lost, Official Goldeneye 007 Remaster For Xbox 360
- Is That App Spying On You? Here’s How To Read iPhone Privacy Labels
- A College Student Made Big Bucks Off GameStop Stock. Now He's Donating Video Games To A Children's Hospital
- New Apple Mixed-Reality Headset Details: Swappable Headbands, Eye-Tracking
- The C64 Is the Best Commodore 64 Emulator Out There