Jun 25th 2020
Tech News Weekly 139
What You Actually Need to Know About WWDC
What you can expect from Apple when iOS, macOS, iPadOS, watchOS, and tvOS ship this fall and the current state of facial recognition technology.
First, Jason Snell of Six Colors joins Mikah to provide a summary of Apple's WWDC announcements — this is what you can actually expect when the software ships this fall.
Then, Dave Gershgorn of OneZero discusses facial recognition technology used in China that's both banned and praised by US organizations, and the Coalition for Critical Technology.
Lastly, Mikah shares an article from Kashmir Hill of The New York Times about how facial recognition tech was used to wrongfully arrest and accuse a man of larceny.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
- Apple’s New App Clips: Tiny Apps You Run With a Tap
- WWDC 2020 Wednesday: Session Impressions
- New Coalition Calls to End ‘Racist’ A.I. Research Claiming to Match Faces to Criminal Behavior
- The U.S. Rubber-Stamps Facial Recognition Systems Used to Round Up Uighurs in China
- Wrongfully Accused by an Algorithm