Using the Oura smart ring to catch COVID-19 symptoms, breaking down the T-Mobile & Sprint merger, and celebrating virtual weddings on Zoom.
First, CNET's Lexy Savvides joins us to talk about a new study from the University of California, San Francisco. Using a smart ring called Oura, the study aims to determine if wearables can detect early symptoms of COVID-19.
Then, Joe Maring of Android Central breaks down the T-Mobile/Sprint merger. Where's John Legere headed? What, exactly, is "The New T-Mobile"? Maring answers these questions and more.
Then, The Verge's Zoe Schiffer raises our spirits by sharing stories of folks who've used Zoom to host virtual weddings in the time of social distancing.
Lastly, Jason and Mikah talk about their stories of the week: Apple acquires Dark Sky and shuts down the Android version; the Internet Archive offers up The National Emergency Library, filled with hundreds of e-books and other resources.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
- How a Smart Ring May Help Detect Early COVID-19 Symptoms
- Oura Ring
- The T-Mobile and Sprint Merger is Officially Completed
- Saying ‘I do’ Over Zoom
- Apple Acquires Popular Weather App Dark Sky and Will Shut Down the Android Version
- Internet Archive Responds: Why We Released the National Emergency Library
- National Emergency Library
- Libby, by OverDrive