- Caroline Haskins, formerly of Vice and now of BuzzFeed, joins us to talk about Amazon's Ring. The company, which makes video doorbells and a neighborhood watch app, has made headlines for its close partnership with the police.
- Mishaal Ruh-mawn from XDA Developers gives us a tour of Qualcomm's Snapdragon 765, an SoC with support for 5G connectivity, 120Hz displays, and loads of RAM.
- Jason and Mikah discuss Zoe Schiffer's report, published on The Verge, regarding luggage-maker Away and the company's reportedly toxic work environment.
- Jason tells Mikah about Amazon's new AI-powered keyboard, which can improvise a background track while a musician plays live.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
- Emotional Baggage
- How Ring Went From ‘Shark Tank’ Reject to America’s Scariest Surveillance Company
- ‘F___ CRIME:’ Inside Ring’s Quest to Become Law Enforcement’s Best Friend
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865’s SPU has integrated Dual SIM, Dual Standby and supports saving driver’s licenses in Android 11
- Qualcomm announces the Snapdragon 765 with the Snapdragon X52 5G modem and support for 120Hz displays and 192MP cameras
- Amazon’s new ‘AI keyboard’ is confusing everyone
- Announcing AWS DeepComposer with Jonathan Coulton!
- Break Free - Song Composed with AI | Taryn Southern (Official Music Video)