Nov 7th 2019
Tech News Weekly 107
Sift Through the Data
- (02:09) Kashmir Hill of The New York Times stops by to tell you how to get access to your secret consumer score. Turns out companies are collecting, tabulating, and scoring your online activity to fight fraud, monitor product returns, and track wealth. Hill details the why and the how of these data gatherers.
- (29:15) Android Central's Daniel Bader spent some time with Amazon's new premium smart speaker, the Echo Studio. He shares his thoughts on the device and the target market and explains why one of the Studio's new features should be turned off by default.
- (56:56) Mikah's story of the week: In an exclusive piece, OneZero's Dave Gershgorn details the U.S. military's facial recognition system.
Check out these TWiT episodes:
- Microsoft Ignite Vision Keynote: http://bit.ly/2qAF75i
- Rosemary Orchard on iOS Today: http://bit.ly/33C7Q8R
- John Hodgman on Triangulation: http://bit.ly/2rgjdom
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
- I Got Access to My Secret Consumer Score. Now You Can Get Yours, Too.
- Amazon Echo Studio review: A sonic boom for your living room
- EXCLUSIVE: This Is How the U.S. Military’s Massive Facial Recognition System Works
- TWiT News - Microsoft Ignite Vision Keynote
- Rosemary Orchard on iOS Today
- John Hodgman on Triangulation