Dec 26th 2014
Tech News 2Night 243
(In)Security in 2014
Hosted by Sarah Lane
Sarah Lane and Steve Gibson on the security top security stories of 2014.
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Anchor: Sarah Lane Sarah Lane and security expert Steve Gibson discuss the security issues from 2014 including Heartbleed, ShellShock, Poodle, the Home Depot and Target credit card hacks, mobile payments, BadUSB, the NSA, and the Sony Pictures hack. Guest: Steve Gibson Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tn2. For detailed show notes, visit twit.tv/tn2/243. Bandwidth for Tech News 2Night is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 35:15
- The Heartbleed Bug
- ‘Shellshock' Bug Spells Trouble for Web Security
- There Is a New Security Vulnerability Named POODLE, and It Is Not Cute
- Target, Home Depot and UPS attacks: Dude, you need to rethink point-of-sale security
- Backoff Point-of-Sale Malware
- Hackers targeting mobile phones for bank data
- 98,000 Hacked Snapchat Photos and Videos Posted Online
- Why the Security of USB Is Fundamentally Broken
- The Sony hack: how it happened, who is responsible, and what we've learned