Dec 24th 2014
Tech News 2Night 242
Cord Cutting in 2014
Hosted by Sarah Lane
Sarah Lane and Jason Abbruzzese discuss how Cord Cutting has changed the television industry.
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Anchor: Sarah Lane Sarah Lane and Jason Abbruzzese from Mashable discuss Cord Cutting and how it has changed the landscape of television, cable TV, streaming and internet bandwidth. Topics covered include: Declinging TV ratings vs streaming; the SCOTUS Aereo decision, Netflix, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and other streaming providers; new streaming services from ESPN, HBO, CBS; and Google getting into fiber optic broadband. Guest: Jason Abbruzzese Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tn2. For detailed show notes, visit twit.tv/tn2/242. Bandwidth for Tech News 2Night is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 29:47
- TV Viewing Slips as Streaming Booms, Nielsen Report Shows
- Aereo throws in the towel, but may have already changed TV forever
- Which is the best movie streaming service in the US? Netflix vs Instant Video vs iTunes vs Google Play and more
- Google in talks to create its own streaming live TV service
- HBO, ESPN and CBS: Why the Sudden Influx of Online Subscription Services?
- Are Cord-Cutters Killing Cable Companies? Not So Fast
- Google Said to Weigh Supplying TV Channels