Sep 18th 2014
Tech News 2Night 175
Amazon's New Batch of Tablets
Hosted by Sarah Lane
Larry Ellison resigns as Oracle CEO.
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Host: Sarah Lane Amazon announces six new tablets and e-readers, Larry Ellison steps down as Oracle CEO, Microsoft cuts 2,100 jobs, Toshiba eliminates 900 jobs, and Twitpic is getting acquired, but won't reveal by whom. Guest: Jon Seff Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tn2. Also, check out our transcripts. Bandwidth for Tech News Tonight is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 16:02
- Amazon unveils six new tablets and e-readers, moving even further into hardware
- Amazon releases Fire OS 4: Adds Firefly to tablets, integrates cloud
- Oracle Stock Drops 2.5% On News That Larry Ellison Has Relinquished His CEO Title
- Microsoft cuts another 2,100 employees worldwide
- Microsoft to close Microsoft Research lab in Silicon Valley
- Twitpic says it's getting acquired but it won't say by whom
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 4 launching in US on October 17th, pre-orders start tomorrow
- A message from Tim Cook about Apple's commitment to your privacy.
- Apple will no longer unlock most iPhones, iPads for police, even with search warrants
- Apple's "warrant canary" disappears, suggesting new Patriot Act demands
- Here Are The Weirdest Things You Can Buy On Alibaba's English Site