Aug 14th 2014
Tech News 2Night 151
Samsung Buys SmartThings
Hosted by Sarah Lane
Berlin bans Uber.
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Host: Sarah Lane Samsung buys SmartThings, Apple now using China data centers, Berlin bans Uber, how Uber and Lyft will work together, Moto 360's official launch date, YouTube's new UI for their SmartTV app, watch 1,000 tiny robots self-assemble, and a look at the FCC's public comments on net neutrality. Guest: Roberto Baldwin Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tn2. Bandwidth for Tech News Tonight is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 13:21
- Apple starts using China Telecom's data centers to store iCloud data for China users, rather than US locations
- Berlin bans Uber app citing passenger safety
- Uber, Lyft want to make nice with cities that have tried to shut them down
- Motorola teases Moto 360 smartwatch, new phones for 9/4 event
- YouTube refreshes television app for set-top boxes, game consoles and smart TVs
- A Fascinating Look Inside Those 1.1 Million Open-Internet Comments
- Thousand-robot swarm assembles itself into shapes