Aug 11th 2014
Tech News 2Night 148
Google to Fund Trans-Pacific Cable
Hosted by Sarah Lane
Google want to fund a Trans-Pacific cable to Japan
Records every weekday at 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Host: Sarah Lane The White House launches the U.S. Digital Service, CBS has plans to make programming for streaming services, Microsoft re-launches Mac vs PC ads, Intel's new low-power Core M chips, and Microsoft announces a big event in September. Guest: Ina Fried Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tn2. Also, check out our transcripts. Bandwidth for Tech News Tonight is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 14:13
- Google has announced it's backed a plan to both build and operate a new high-speed internet Trans-Pacific cable system, dubbed "FASTER", by the second quarter of 2016
- The White House announced it's formally launching a new U.S. Digital Service
- CBS Studios is currently developing original TV series with streaming video services in mind.
- Microsoft will address 9 bugs in this month's Patch Tuesday
- Surface Pro 3 VS Macbook Air ads
- Intel's new Broadwell chip expected later this year and early 2015
- Microsoft decides to keep ultra low end phones with the debut of Nokia 130