Feb 15th 2013
The Social Hour 98
Nextdoor, Winston, Russian Meteor Memes
Nextdoor for local communities, Vimeo buys Echograph, Winston reads you the news, LinkedIn tips, & more!
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Amber & Sarah chat about Nextdoor for local communities, Vimeo buys Echograph, Winston reads you the news, LinkedIn tips, & more! Hosts: Amber MacArthur and Sarah Lane Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tsh. Contribute to our show! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voicemail at 2626-SOCIAL (262-676-2425). We invite you to read, add to, and amend our show notes. Bandwidth for The Social Hour is provided by Cachefly. Running time:: 58:22
- - American Express lets you buy on Twitter using tweets
- - Facebook lets you pay to promote a friend's Facebook post (HUH!?)
- - The Internship trailer debut on Google+ hangout hosted by Conan
- - Kickstarter creates iOS app
- - Nextdoor raises $
- - Vimeo acquires GIF-making app Echograph to challenge Vine & Cinemagram
- - SOCIAL TIP: Never have more than 9 browser tabs open at a time
- - SPOTLIGHT: Winston
- - Daniel sent us a video with some LinkedIn tips based on last week's discussion
- - MEME OF THE WEEK: Russian Meteor Memes
- - Why do so many Russians have dashboard cams?
- - RAD OR FAD: The Harlem Shake - is it rad or fad...or just plain over?