Oct 12th 2012
The Social Hour 81
Facebook's Collections, Twitter's Vine, Bad Zagat?
Tweetdeck's new look, Facebook and eBay going Pinterest, smart tips for speaking socially, Tumblr scams, & more!
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Amber & Sarah on Tweetdeck's new look, Facebook and eBay going Pinterest, smart tips for speaking socially, Tumblr scams, & more! Hosts: Amber MacArthur and Sarah Lane Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tsh. Contribute to our show! Send us an email at email@example.com or leave us a voicemail at 2626-SOCIAL (262-676-2425). We invite you to read, add to, and amend our show notes. Bandwidth for The Social Hour is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 1:03:11
- - Facebook Collections Lets Retailers Augment Posts With “Want/Collect” Buttons That Save Products To Pinteresque Profile Sections
- - eBay announces site redesign, Pinterest-like discovery feed and the debut of eBay Now in NY and SF
- - New look for Tweetdeck
- - With Relaunch, LinkedIn Competitor BranchOut Tries to Persuade Users to Stick Around
- - Twitter acquires video service Vine
- - Google Starts To Downplay Zagat Scores; It Should Ditch Them Altogether
- - Beware: Tumblr "stalker" app = spam (in the wake of similar apps on Facebook, Twitter)
- - 7 Social Media Tips for Speakers
- - Louis CK sells another comedian's show on his site, keeping his Internet entrepreneur title
- - Amex Sync
- - @TheClingyGF
- - The reality of "The Real Bears"
- - RAD OR FAD? Like-a-Hug