Oct 18th 2013
The Social Hour 133
Twitter's DM turmoil, Patreon, FriendFlop
Hosted by Sarah Lane
Sarah & guest host Iyaz Akhtar chat about Twitter's new DM strategy, why Facebook trumps all other networks in referral traffic, Path's layoffs, the iKettle, & more!
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Guests: Iyaz AkhtarHosts: Sarah Lane and Iyaz Akhtar. Sarah & guest host Iyaz Akhtar chat about Twitter's new DM strategy, why Facebook trumps all other networks in referral traffic, Path's layoffs, the iKettle, & more! Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tsh. Contribute to our show! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voicemail at 2626-SOCIAL (262-676-2425). We invite you to read, add to, and amend our show notes. Bandwidth for The Social Hour is provided by Cachefly. Running time:: 1:21:22
- Twitter adds DMs from unfollowed ppl, Twitter community explodes
- Facebook ad profit a staggering 1,790% more on iPhone than Android
- Facebook Brings Trending Topics, Post/Comment Editing, And Photo Comments To iOS
- Path fires 20% of staff
- Google+ Drives A Fraction Of The Referral Traffic That Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter Do [Report]
- Paul McCartney invented the selfie?
- Swarm Local app lets you organize anonymously
- Patreon - help fund artists via their next project
- FriendFlop: jumble your friends' updates
- Should Facebook allow public posts from teens?
- Does Big Pharma belong on Facebook?
- BUB has a Vine account!
- Tide Carrie Vine
- RAD OR FAD? iKettle