Mar 29th 2013
The Social Hour 104
OutboxMail, Amazon buys Goodreads, Flipboard 2.0
Yahoo's Summly purchase, Amazon's Goodreads purchase, Flipboard 2.0's new personall magazines, OutboxMail, Hadouken memes, & more!
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Hosts: Amber MacArthur and Sarah Lane We're talking about Yahoo's Summly purchase, Amazon's Goodreads purchase, Flipboard 2.0's new personall magazines, OutboxMail, Hadouken memes, & more! Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tsh. Contribute to our show! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voicemail at 2626-SOCIAL (262-676-2425). We invite you to read, add to, and amend our show notes. Bandwidth for The Social Hour is provided by Cachefly. Running time:: 1:15:17
- - Facebook intros threaded comments/replies to pages and popular profiles
- - Facebook testing 'post-from-any-page' button
- - Amazon buys Goodreads - ATD reporting the deal is around $150-200M
- - Google+ updates mobile apps with photo filters, location sharing
- - Oh goodie, Google+ now allows animated gifs as profile pics
- - Yahoo to purchase DailyMotion?
- - What's wrong w yahoo's purchase of summly
- - Vine launches Web embeds, updates iOS app to share others’ videos via Twitter and Facebook
- - SnapPea Photos Puts Photos on Your Android in Chrome's Toolbar
- - Flipboard 2.0 lets anyone curate their own personal magazine
- - Flipboard bookmarklet
- - Twitter/Square 'superhero' Jack Dorsey in unauthorized comic book
- - Dorsey's 60 Minutes interview
- - Sarah's friend Matt Galligan (CEO Circa) posted about OutboxMail on Twitter
- - Hadouken meme
- - RAD OR FAD? Walmart's crowdsourcing delivery idea