May 9th 2023
Security Now 922
Detecting Unwanted Location Trackers
Hosted by Steve Gibson, Leo Laporte
Google Passkeys, Chrome lock icon, AI news sites, Vint Cerf
Records live every Tuesday at 4:30pm Eastern / 1:30pm Pacific / 20:30 UTC.
- Picture of the Week.
- Google & Passkeys.
- TP-Link routers DO auto-update.
- US Marshals Service: Where’s the backup??
- T-Mobile keeps getting breached.
- Chrome: No more LOCK icon.
- Apple's new “Rapid Security Response” system.
- Elon Musk, making friends wherever he goes...
- A quick Mastodon aside.
- Here come the fake AI-generated “news” sites.
- Russia to replace “American” TCP/IP with “Russian Internet”.
- Vint Serf's 3 mistakes.
- Detecting Unwanted Location Trackers.
Show Notes: https://www.grc.com/sn/SN-922-Notes.pdf
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/security-now.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
You can submit a question to Security Now! at the GRC Feedback Page.
For 16kbps versions, transcripts, and notes (including fixes), visit Steve's site: grc.com, also the home of the best disk maintenance and recovery utility ever written Spinrite 6.