May 2nd 2023
Security Now 921
OSB OMG and Other News!
Hosted by Steve Gibson, Leo Laporte
Age verification, Google Authenticator E2EE, VirusTotal AI, cURL
Records live every Tuesday at 4:30pm Eastern / 1:30pm Pacific / 20:30 UTC.
- Picture of the Week.
- The Encryption Debate.
- Age does matter...
- Age Verification.
- WhatsApp: Rather be blocked in UK than weaken security.
- Exposing Side-Channel Monitoring.
- Closing the Loop.
- A new UDP reflection attack vector.
- Google Authenticator Updated.
- Does Israel use NSO Group commercial spyware?
- A Russian OS?
- TP-Link routers compromised.
- A pre-release security audit.
- Another Intel side-channel attack.
- Windows users: Don’t remove cURL!
- AI comes to VirusTotal.
Show Notes https://www.grc.com/sn/SN-921-Notes.pdf
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/security-now.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
You can submit a question to Security Now! at the GRC Feedback Page.
For 16kbps versions, transcripts, and notes (including fixes), visit Steve's site: grc.com, also the home of the best disk maintenance and recovery utility ever written Spinrite 6.