Jan 31st 2023
Security Now 908
Data Operand Independent Timing
Hosted by Steve Gibson, Leo Laporte
Old Android apps, Kevin Rose, iOS 6.3 and FIDO, Hive hacked
Records live every Tuesday at 4:30pm Eastern / 1:30pm Pacific / 20:30 UTC.
- Android to start blocking old and unsafe apps.
- Microsoft to block Internet sourced Excel add-ins.
- An example of saying "no" even when it may hurt.
- Hacked Wormhole funds on the move.
- Kevin Rose Hacked.
- Facebook will be moving more users into E2EE.
- iOS 6.3 and FIDO.
- Scan thy Citizenry.
- The Hive ransomware organization takedown.
- Closing the Loop.
- Data Operand Independent Timing.
Show Notes: https://www.grc.com/sn/SN-908-Notes.pdf
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/security-now.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
You can submit a question to Security Now! at the GRC Feedback Page.
For 16kbps versions, transcripts, and notes (including fixes), visit Steve's site: grc.com, also the home of the best disk maintenance and recovery utility ever written Spinrite 6.