Nov 1st 2022
Security Now 895
After 20 years in GCHQ
Hosted by Steve Gibson, Leo Laporte
Stranger Strings, PayPal passkeys, new TCP/IP RCE in Windows
Records live every Tuesday at 4:30pm Eastern / 1:30pm Pacific / 20:30 UTC.
- Picture of the Week.
- Windows driver blocklist to be updated next Tuesday.
- More Microsoft shenanigans.
- An upcoming OpenSSL CRITICAL vulnerability update -- get ready!
- A new TCP/IP RCE in Windows.
- A study of malicious CVE proof of concept exploits in GitHub.
- “Stranger Strings” : An exploitable flaw in SQLite.
- PayPal to add support for Passkeys.
- A browser exploitation tutorial!
- Kathleen Booth: July 9th, 1922 – September 29, 2022.
- Closing The Loop.
- After 20 years in GCHQ.
We invite you to read our show notes at https://www.grc.com/sn/SN-895-Notes.pdf
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/security-now.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
You can submit a question to Security Now! at the GRC Feedback Page.
For 16kbps versions, transcripts, and notes (including fixes), visit Steve's site: grc.com, also the home of the best disk maintenance and recovery utility ever written Spinrite 6.