Contact tracing apps are not going to work.
- Why contact tracing apps are never going to work
- Unc0ver: There's a new iOS jailbreak in town, and as jailbreaks go, it looks VERY nice!
- Firefox 77 picks up a nifty new security trick
- New features in Chrome 83: cookie management, "Safety Check," blocking third-party cookies by default in Incognito mode, and "Tab Groups"
- Adobe rushes out four out-of-cycle emergency updates to fix security flaws
- Zerodium temporarily stops buying iOS remote code execution vulnerabilities
- The NXNS Attack: A group of cybersecurity researchers in Israeli have responsibly disclosed details about a new way they worked out of using the Internet's domain name resolution system to hugely amplify (by a factor of at least 1620 packets) a DDoS attack to take down targeted websites.
- BIAS - Bluetooth Impersonation AttackS is nothing less than a complete collapse of Bluetooth security.
- Is eBay port scanning its user's computers? Kinda.
- Security Now trivia: Steve Gibson helped develop the Speak & Spell! It did voice synthesis with only a 4K bits (0.5K bytes) processor.
We invite you to read our show notes at https://www.grc.com/sn/SN-768-Notes.pdf
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/security-now.
You can submit a question to Security Now! at the GRC Feedback Page.