Feb 18th 2020
Security Now 754
The Internet of Troubles
Hosted by Steve Gibson, Leo Laporte
Microsoft Election Guard, SweynTooth
Records live every Tuesday at 4:30pm Eastern / 1:30pm Pacific / 20:30 UTC.
TWiT Audience Survey- ENDS FEBRUARY 19TH!!!
- It’s time for TWiT’s annual audience survey and we want to hear from you! It only takes five minutes.
- Please visit twit.tv/survey and let us know what you think.
- There's no sign-up form and we don't track you. Your feedback helps us make TWiT even better."
This Week's Stories
- How to fix the Windows 7 "You don’t have permission to shut down this computer." error
- Win10’s “One Button PC Reset” fails after KB4524244.
- And, also… “The new disappearing User Profile problem” (Desktop and all user data)
- The popular “GDPR Cookie Consent” Wordpress plugin had a critical flaw
- Whoa! The average tenure of a CISO is just 26 months due to high stress and burnout
- Microsoft’s “ElectionGuard” being used for the first time today!
- IoT lightbulb vulnerabilities are not such a joke, after all.
- SweynTooth Vulnerabilities: a set of more than 12 newly discovered vulnerabilities across a wide range of Bluetooth devices, many of which will never be updated, which allow for, among other things, full device compromise.
We invite you to read our show notes at https://www.grc.com/sn/SN-754-Notes.pdf
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/security-now.
You can submit a question to Security Now! at the GRC Feedback Page.
For 16kbps versions, transcripts, and notes (including fixes), visit Steve's site: grc.com, also the home of the best disk maintenance and recovery utility ever written Spinrite 6.