Dec 12th 2012
Hosted by Chad (OMGchad) Johnson
Chad teaches you about the new fireworks and shows you how to craft them! Plus, some new features in the new snapshots are pretty awesome. It's all on this episode of OMGcraft!
Although the show is no longer in production at TWiT, you can enjoy these episodes from the TWiT Archives and find Chad's new episodes on YouTube.
NewsSnapshot 12w49 came out right after we recorded last weeks episode, but 12w50 also got released! New features in these snapshots are fireworks, item drops in 3D, thorns enchantment and book enchantments, and 32 bugs fixed! In other news it has been decided that Redstone update has been separated off to be released by end of year, while 1.5 the Redstone update will be January / February 2013 (unless the world ends first).
FIREWORKS!To create fireworks:
- Make a firework star by combining gunpowder with dyes. This will choose the colour of the explosion
- Add more dyes for multiple colours in the explosion
- You can choose the effect by adding:
- Nothing for Small Ball
- Fire Charge for Large Ball
- Gold Nugget for Star shape
- Head for Creeper shape
- Feather for burst shape
- You can add more effects by:
- Adding glowstone for twinkle effect
- Adding diamond for trail effect
- These can be mixed by adding both ingredients and can be mixed with effects above.
- (Optional) You can have the particles fade to another colour by mixing firework star with dyes
- Combine firework star with paper and gunpowder to make the firework
- Add more gunpowder (up to 3 total) to make it fly higher before exploding
- Add more firework stars to have more than one effect during the explosion.
- Use firework on block to fire it or place it in a dispenser and power it!