Double Stuf, fudge covered, biscuits, deep fried Oreos, Oreo cupcakes, and more.
- This week we celebrate the Oreo, America's favorite cookie since 1912.
- The shape and design of the Oreo cookie didn't change much until Nabisco began selling various versions of the cookie. In 1975, Nabisco released their DOUBLE STUF Oreos. Nabisco continued to create variations:
- 1987 -- Fudge covered Oreos introduced
- 1991 -- Halloween Oreos introduced
- 1995 -- Christmas Oreos introduced
- The world's most famous cookie is the Oreo: two intricately engraved chocolatey biscuits separated by a layer of sweet vanilla creme, forming a distinctive black-white-black contrast.
- Some cool Oreo experiments:
- HOUSTON RODEO going on this week features deep fried Oreos
- Oreos as an ingredient:
Look for detailed show notes at Munchcast.com.
Bandwidth for Munchcast is provided by CacheFly.