The holidays are right around the corner, and that gamer in your life will appreciate just how much you know about the best games to gift them this year! Jason Howell and Sam Machkovech from Ars Technica take a comprehensive look at the year's best titles: From the best multi-platform games, to the best Nintendo Switch titles, to the best Xbox One/Playstation 4 exclusives.
Connect with us!
- Don't forget to check out our large library of projects at https://twit.tv/shows/know-how.
- Tweet at us at @jasonhowell and @samred.
- The VR game to beat all VR games: Beat Saber
- The best Zelda game of the year: Assassin's Creed Odyssey
- The best old-school RPG: Dragon Quest XI
- Fighting game of the year: Dragon Ball FighterZ
- The biggest comeback story: No Man's Sky
- The best smartphone game: PUBG Mobile
- The most interesting e-sport: Spy Party
- The most ambitious game of 2018: Return of the Obra Dinn
- Sam's personal GOTY: Celeste
- A slower year for first-party hits; as of this moment, it's Pokemon Let's Go
- Swing and a miss: Labo falls flat
- Smash Bros Ultimate - What Sam knows for now...
- Triple-A Switch ports: Diablo III
- Triple-A Switch ports: Dark Souls
- Indie ports: Into the Breach, Dead Cells, Minit, Ninjin Clash of Carrots
- God of War
- PSVR chunk: Tetris Effect
- More PSVR: Astro Bot, Firewall Zero Hour
- ASTRO BOT
- 4K games on Xbox One X - Red Dead
- 4K games on Xbox One X - Assassin's Creed Odyssey
- Forza Horizon 4
- Xbox Game Pass