Nov 15th 2012
Know How... 20
Make the web work for you
Use IFTTT to make the web work for you with guest co-host Tom Merritt!
First up, sign up for an account (it's free). From there, you'll be able to browse and create your own recipes. Here are some popular recipes:
- Instagram to Dropbox
- Export Facebook status to a Google Spreadsheet
- Warn of tomorrow's weather, today!
- Text your ideas to yourself
We built a custom recipe so you can get an email every time TWiT publishes a TWiT Live Special.
We asked you guys "What's your favorite IFTTT recipe? #twitkh"
- Patrick Delahanty: @iyaz I use IFTTT and my WeMo to control lights in my house. I had a light set up to flash under certain conditions like new email. #TWiTKH
- Jesse: @iyaz Instagram to Skydrive or Google Drive. #twitkh
- Kevin Kelly: @iyaz I use it to grab new columns by my favourite tech writers, like @ihnatko, and save it to Instapaper. #twitkh
- Ashish Bogawat: @iyaz Save Google Reader starred items as PDF files to Dropbox for offline reading - https://t.co/vm5XNIdB
Last week we showed you how to make a Hackintosh. This week, we'll show you how to run Windows on a Mac. Thanks to Hundter Biede for the suggestion!
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/kh.
Contribute to our show! Send us an email at email@example.com or leave us a voicemail at 408-800-KNOW (408-800-5669).
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.