Aug 2nd 2022
iOS Today 613
iOS: Hidden Gestures & Features
Your iPhone and iPad are more capable than you may know! Mikah and Rosemary are here to walk through helpful hidden abilities that allow you to multitask better, copy/paste text with gestures, undo a calculator mistake, adjust the slow-motion portion of your videos, and more!
- Multitasking in iPadOS with Split View, Side Over, and Center Window
- Finger gestures for copying and pasting text
- Trimming video length and extending/shortening slo-mo sections
- Accessibility Shortcut options that are handy for anyone
- Live Activities now available in the beta 4 version of iOS 16
- Apple makes changes to unsending/editing texts in iOS 16
- Apple has released an official video aimed at guiding people who are switching to iPhone
- Russ wants to convert a Mac shortcut into a button on his Stream Deck device
- Ken wants to know if the Arrive & Leave shortcuts require manual input during Wi-Fi activation
- Mikah recommends Camelcamelcamel for tracking Amazon prices
Feedback & Questions
- Tracy wants to know if there's a way to simplify an Apple Watch for an 80-year-old mother while keeping the time/date/call features
- Stephen thinks that Apple's Continuity Camera feature should be applied to the iPad
- Rosemary: Focused Work
- Mikah: Speeko
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/ios-today.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
You can contribute to iOS Today by leaving us a voicemail at 757-504-iPad (757-504-4723) or sending an email to iOSToday@TWiT.tv.
- iPadOS Multitasking Gestures
- Cut, copy, and paste gestures
- Adjust the slowmo playback in a video after you've recorded it
- Use a triple click on the power/home button to trigger an accessibility shortcut of your choice
- Live Activities now available in beta
- Apple puts greater restrictions on iMessage editing and unsending following backlash
- Apple preps Android switchers for iPhone 14 with new explainer video
- Take Control of Shortcuts 2.0 has shipped!
- Is Comcast’s Xfinity swapping your settings? No, but it can seem that way
- Camel Camel Camel
- Focused Work