On this week's iOS Today with Leo Laporte and Mikah Sargent:
- Privacy Tools & Tips: iOS' Privacy settings, Signal Messenger, EFF's security guide, Startpage.com, Tiny Hardware Firewall VPN Client, Keybase
- News: How a spyware tool could harvest iCloud data, a Bluetooth exploit that can track iOS devices, and the new emoji coming to iPhone this fall.
- Viewer Feedback: What to do with a used iPad that is iCloud locked, why Walkie Talkie app can't connect on Apple Watch, and velcro vs Hook & Loop.
- Leo & Mikah's App Caps: Firefox Focus & GIF Maker by Momento.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/ios-today.
You can contribute to iOS Today by leaving us a voicemail at 757-504-iPad (757-504-4723) or sending an email to iOSToday@TWiT.tv.
- No, FaceApp Isn’t Sending Your Whole Camera Roll to Putin’s Russia
- but.. Sen. Schumer says don't use FaceApp
- Signal Messenger
- EFF's Security Guide
- Startpage.com (for search)
- Tiny Hardware Firewall VPN Client
- Keybase (for everything)
- Israeli Security Firm Claims Spyware Tool Can Harvest iCloud Data in Targeted iPhone Attack
- Bluetooth exploit can track and identify iOS, Microsoft mobile device users
- Apple offers a look at new emoji coming to iPhone this fall
- Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock
- Apple disables Walkie Talkie app due to vulnerability that could allow iPhone eavesdropping
- iOS 13 Lets You Send Unknown Callers Straight to Voicemail
- GIF Maker by Momento
- Firefox Focus