Oct 16th 2020
Hands-On Mac 31
On the Road to Big Sur 2
Is Big Sur compatible with your old Mac apps? Find out all the answers in this episode of Hands-On Mac.
Who can run Big Sur? Just because you're running Catalina does NOT mean you can run macOS 11. Apple says these systems will work:
- MacBook, 2015 and later
- MacBook Air, 2013 and later
- MacBook Pro, late 2013 and later
- Mac Mini, 2014 and later
- iMac, 2014 and later
- iMac Pro (all models), 2017 and later
- Mac Pro, 2013 and later
Free space requirements
- 50.33GB looks to be the minimum Fresh Install Space Requirement?
- 12.5GB of Available storage Space = Fresh Install? (Catalina Requirement)
- 18.5GB of Available storage space = For Upgrade? (Catalina Requirement)
Leo Laporte gives you helpful tips to get the most from your Mac every week on Hands-On Mac!
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/hands-on-mac
Discuss episodes in the TWiT Community.