Jul 31st 2020
Hands-On Mac 20
Install Mac Fonts on Terminal
Fastest Way to Add Mac Fonts
Here's how to use Homebrew and the Terminal command line to quickly install fonts.
Leo likes to use Fish, but you can use Bash as well.
- If you haven't already, install and update Brew and its cask feature.
- Then type the following into the Terminal command line:
- brew update
- brew tap homebrew/cask
- brew tap homebrew/cask-fonts
- brew search font-
- brew search font- | less
- brew search nerd-font | less
- brew cask install font-fira-code
- brew cask install font-daddytimemono-nerd-font
- for $font in (brew search nerd-font) ; brew cask install $font ; end
- And then go get a cup of coffee!
Here's some more information on installing fonts from the command line: https://corgibytes.com/blog/2020/01/29/install-fonts-on-your-mac-from-the-command-line-with-homebrew/
Leo Laporte gives you helpful tips to get the most from your Mac every week on Hands-On Mac!
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/hands-on-mac
Discuss episodes in the TWiT Community.