Oct 29th 2020
Hands-On Android 37
Active Edge Your Pixel 5
A popular feature of Pixel phones has been Active Edge, a shortcut for Google Assistant that is triggered when the frame of the phone is squeezed firmly. The new Pixel 5 doesn't support that feature anymore, but Jason Howell shows how using an app called SideSqueeze+ can bring back that functionality thanks to the onboard Barometer.
- What is Active Edge?
- Installing SideSqueeze+.
- Allowing special actions using ADB.
- Calibrating the app to work properly.
- Screen Press and Plus section for Galaxy devices.
- Using the Analyzer section.
- Disabling the persistent notification.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/hands-on-android