Oct 8th 2020
Hands-On Android 34
Install the New Google TV on Nvidia Shield TV
Almost Any Android TV Device Can Be Upgraded Too!
Almost any Android TV device can be upgraded too!
Google released the new Chromecast with Google TV at its Fall hardware event last week and its the first device to be running the newly revamped Google TV interface that replaces Android TV. However, Googe hasn't pushed Google TV out to any other devices and its uncertain when that might happen. Jason Howell shows how to install the new interface on his Nvidia Shield TV from 2017 and the process should work on most Android TV boxes right now.
- Meet the new Chromecast with Google TV.
- Google TV versus Android TV.
- How to prepare the Nvidia Shield TV.
- Installing Platform Tools for USB debugging.
- Finding the Google Home Launcher.
- Installing the launcher on the Shield TV.
- Using Terminal to prioritize the new launcher.
- A look at the new Google TV experience.
- How to revert back to the way it was.
Google TV Home APK's - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-tv-home-android-tv/
Installing Android's Platform Tools - http://twit.tv/hoa/10
Command lines used within the Mac Terminal:
./adb push (Google Home Launcher filename) /sdcard/
./adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.tvlauncher
./adb shell cmd package install-existing com.google.android.tvlauncher
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/hands-on-android