Jul 23rd 2020
Hands-On Android 23
Root App Backup
Google's cloud backup system is nice and easy, but it's not as comprehensive as the kind of backup that is possible with a rooted device. Jason Howell explains what it means when a phone is rooted, and the kind of deep backup that is possible on such a device.
- What is root?
- Why root backup over traditional backup?
- Downloading and installing Titanium Backup.
- Setup of Titanium Backup.
- Backing up app data to the device.
- Transferring that backup to the cloud.
- Retrieving the backup to the new device.
- Restoring the backup data.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/hands-on-android