Writing a tech book is easy if you start with the proper guidance. Doc Searls and Jonathan Bennett get that guidance and much more from Kyle Rankin, author of How to Write a Tech Book.
- The benefits of using LaTeX for formatting and layout when self-publishing.
- How to pitch a book idea to traditional tech publishers like O'Reilly.
- Advice on when you're ready to write your first tech book based on your skills.
- How to make the transition from writing short-form articles to full book projects.
- Differences between self-publishing and working with traditional publishers.
- The editing process and importance of tech editing to perfect a textbook manuscript.
- How the rise of the internet and digital documents impacts tech book publishing.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/floss-weekly
Think your open source project should be on FLOSS Weekly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to Lullabot's Jeff Robbins, web designer and musician, for our theme music.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit