Apr 24th 2013
All About Android 106
Breaking News Baby!
Hosted by Ron Richards
The HTC One, hints of an Android game center, Facebook brings free VOiP to Android, and breaking news of Jason's baby.
Records live every Tuesday at 8:00pm Eastern / 5:00pm Pacific / 00:00 (Wed) UTC.
Guests: Gina TrapaniHosts: Ron Richards, Gina Trapani, Aaron Newcomb, and Chad Johnson The HTC One, hints of an Android game center, Facebook brings free VOiP to Android, and breaking news of Jason's baby. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/aaa. Vote for your favorite app from this week's Arena at aaapoll.com/106. We invite you to check out the full show notes for today's episode here. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 1:14:35
- Taming of the shrewd: can the ACLU free Android from carrier control?
- App Annie: Google Play app revenue grew 90% in Q1 2013, but Apple’s App Store still saw 2.6 times more sales
- Google leak hints at an Android game center with multiplayer, chat, lobbies, leaderboards, and achievements
- Rumor: Key Lime Pie won’t be ready for Google I/O?
- LG Spills The Beans - May 1st Event In NYC Will Debut The Optimus G Pro For The US
- AT&T Galaxy S 4 Pre-Orders Ship April 30th, Available In Stores April 27th Because Planning Ahead Is For Losers
- T-Mobile Unlimited Plans may get tethering bundled starting Wednesday
- Facebook brings free VoIP calling to Android users in the US
- More “BadNews” for Android: New malicious apps found in Google Play
- Notification Weather (Free, Pro upgrade $1.02)
- Sliding Messaging Pro ($0.99)
- The Room ($1.99)
- This Week's Poll
- Shownotes for today's episode