Nov 5th 2017
This Week in Tech 639
Anywhere but Albany
The iPhone X is the best phone a huge pile of money can buy. Jeff Bezos, the richest man in the world, cashes out $1 billion in Amazon stock. Congress has some words with Facebook, Twitter, and Google. Can Facebook be fixed? Can Twitter? Animoji, poop emoji, and burger emoji continue to be news.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- The iPhone X Is Cool. That Doesn’t Mean You Are Ready for It.
- Looks like the Wall St Journal is also butthurt about Apple's unusual iPhone X review regimen
- iPhone, iPad, and Mac sales all up since Q4 last year
- iPhone X is the largest single product launch in Apple's history - Slice Intelligence
- This Guy Found The Best New Use For The Animojis On Apple's iPhone X
- Privacy Experts Raise Concerns Over iOS Developer Access to Certain Pieces of Facial Data
- iPhone X Teardown - iFixit
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Financing iPhone X Can Work Out to Cost of Just a Few Nice Coffees Per Week
- Instead of buying pricey AppleCare+ check to see if your credit card protects you
- What to do if i turns into A on iOS 11.
- Your iPhone Is Using Machine Learning to Chronicle All Your Bra Pics
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos sold more than $1 billion worth of stock this week
- Jeff Bezos’ Heart Breaks A Little Reading Albany’s Amazon Headquarters Pitch (The Onion)
- For Bezos, Now World's Richest, Philanthropy Is 'Saved for Later'
- How to Use iPhone X… Told by Animojis
- AMAZON KINDLE OASIS (2017) REVIEW: TOTAL IMMERSION
- Congress grills Facebook, Twitter, Google on shells hiding election meddlers
- More Americans are turning to multiple social media sites for news
- How to Fix Facebook? We Asked 9 Experts
- Twitter Sidestepped Russian Account Warnings, Former Worker Says
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said tech should cooperate with law enforcement — and help the U.S. fight Russia
- A rogue Twitter employee shut down Donald Trump’s account - The Verge
- T-Mobile, Sprint Working to Salvage Merger - WSJ
- Future Saudi king tightens grip on power with arrests including Prince Alwaleed
- The California Wildfires Burned Down Irreplaceable Documents on Silicon Valley History [Updated]
- Related: Google serves 'Android Burger' for lunch in company cafeteria
- Inside The Great Poop Emoji Feud
- One Bitcoin Transaction Now Uses as Much Energy as Your House in a Week
- Razer Phone Announced with 5.7″ 120Hz Display and 8GB RAM
- Microsoft quietly announces end of last free Windows 10 upgrade offer