This Week's Stories
- Mathew introduces the panel to Media Ecology
- Has the internet made us too distrustful?
- Google's new campaign to teach children to "Be Internet Awesome"
- Professor was 7 words away from being hacked
- Senator pushes for algorithm-free search results
- Just how much is your Facebook and Google data worth?
- Twitter, FB, and Google better watch out, the President is mad!
- Google's message to employees: don't protest us
- Google's mental health initiative
- YouTube is being investigated by the government
- FB might have another agenda for Libra
- What happened to Cloudflare this week?
- Who wants to live in a very smart town?
- Is there a difference between a platform and a publisher?
- Guess who's buying up NYC real estate?
Picks of the Week
Jeff’s Pick: Google reviewer sued for $500K
Stacey’s Pick: OXO Salad Dressing Shaker
Mathew’s Story: Twitter Lists
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
- Good news for people who want to know the exact value of their Facebook and Google data | Market Watch
- Sidewalk Labs, a sister company of Google, has published its plans to build a smart city in Toronto, sparking fresh controversy
- Google’s new media literacy program teaches kids how to spot disinformation and fake news | TechCrunch
- Google Tells Employees Not to Protest Google at Pride | NY Magazine
- Google's employee-run mental health support service
- YouTube under federal investigation over allegations it violates children’s privacy | The Washington Post
- The radical idea hiding inside Facebook’s digital currency proposal | MIT Technology Review
- How Verizon and a BGP Optimizer Knocked Large Parts of the Internet Offline Today
- Trump threatens to sue Twtter, FB, Google because he says they're all Democrats
- Video of his rant about Twitter here
- I was 7 words away from being spear-phished | Robert Heaton
- Senator wants algo-free search results. WTF does that mean? | Bloomberg
- The Internet Has Made Dupes—and Cynics—of Us All | WIRED
- Once More With Feeling: There Is No Legal Distinction Between A 'Platform' And A 'Publisher' | Techdirt
- Media Ecology
- Related to Zeynep: Mike Godwin piece on Neil Stephenson novel and trust
- Google has bought most NYC real estate between 15th, 16th, 8th and the river
- Google reviewer ordered to pay $500k for defamatory review (of cheek reduction....)
- OXO Good Grips Little Salad Dressing Shaker, Black
- Twitter tries to make Lists easier to get to | TechCrunch