This Week's Stories
- Facebook's Libra cryptocurrency - Don't call it "Zuck Bucks"
- Google Caught "Red Handed' Scraping Genius Lyrics
- Facebook Moderators Live in a Special Kind of Hell
- Senator wants to strip internet platforms of protections unless they are "politically neutral."
- Google's 10th attempt at messaging is sure to succeed /s
- Don't use SMS as a 2nd-factor authentication!!!
- Pakistani Politicians in Cat Ears
- Ant infestation on Twitter
- Garlic Peeling FAKE NEWS
Picks of the Week
- Leo's Tool: Apollo 11 in Real-time
- Jeff's Number: 3-hour Google holiday as Calendar goes down
- Stacey's Thing: Olisto
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
- The Ambitious Plan Behind Facebook’s Cryptocurrency, Libra | WIRED
- Chair of the House Financial Services Committee says Facebook should halt development of Libra until Congress investigates, call
- The New Wilderness
- Cue the moral panic or treat the diseases? Language on FB posts more predictive of some diseases than demographics
- A 1st Amendment abomination: giving Section 230 only to platforms that stay "neutral"
- Genius: We Caught Google 'Red Handed' Stealing Lyrics Data
- Related: Pandora is being sued for showing Tom Petty song lyrics
- Ars Technica: Google’s ninth attempt at a messaging service will be based on RCS
- SIM swap horror story: I've lost decades of data and Google won't lift a finger | ZDNet
- Google Assistant will start showing where you've parked your car
- Google's Safe Browsing service gets its own Chrome extension, which notifies users of deceptive URLs and lets users report suspi
- $1 billion for 20,000 Bay Area homes
- Google's Area 120 incubator launches Game Builder, a sandbox for people without programming skills to create 3D games, available
- Google ditches Nest.com in favor of its online store
- YouTube intros AR Beauty Try-On: Try on makeup, virtually, guided by adjacent video
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will launch in the U.S. and UK this June 21
- Cat filter on Pakistani pols
- Garlic peeling hack goes viral
- Ants on a plane plays out on Twitter
- 3-hour Google holiday as Calendar goes down
- Apollo 11 in Real-time