Sep 20th 2017
This Week in Google 423
I Can't Hear You Over the Internet
Google has a whole lotta leaks. Pixel 2 XL! Google Home Mini! Google Pixelbook! Coral Daydream VR headsets! Google might buy HTC's phone division any second now. Chrome will block autoplay videos in January. Google Tez makes payments with sound in India. Apparently everyone is letting users target ads using racist phrases. And we celebrate 20 years of Google.
- Ron's pick: Sonarr app
- Jason's Pick: Instal custom Oreo themes with Substratum and Andromeda
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Google.com domain registered 20 years ago today (Sept. 15th)
- Official: Google to announce Pixel 2 on Oct 4
- Renders of back of LG-made Google Pixel 2 XL in "Black & White" and "Just Black" leak
- Pixel 2 will come in three colors including "Kinda Blue," will cost $649 for 64GB model and $749 for 128GB
- HTC is halting trade of its shares tomorrow in anticipation of a "major announcement", amid rumors of an acquisition by Google
- Google's next Daydream VR headsets will reportedly come in three colors
- Here is the Google Home Mini, the Smaller $49 Google Home
- Renders leak of Google Pixelbook, a Chromebook that folds into a tablet and supports pressure-sensitive Pixelbook Pen; source
- Android One launches in the US with Moto X4, available on Project Fi at $399
- Google Offers to Auction Off Shopping Ad Spaces to Rivals
- Google’s new payment app for India uses sound to transfer money
- Google Chrome to start blocking autoplay videos in January
- Google Allowed Advertisers To Target People Searching Racist Phrases
- Twitter says it’s fixed a ‘bug’ that allowed ad campaigns to target users with derogatory terms
- Facebook let ad buyers target users interested in algorithmically generated anti-Semitic topics
- Sheryl Sandberg's Reaction