GreenScreen Basics in Adobe Premier and Upgrading Your Dogeminer
Learn the basics of Green Screen using Premier, a quick tip for Chrome, and upgrade your Dogeminer.
Adobe Premier 103 - Green Screen Basics
What You'll Need
What You'll Need to Learn
* Layer Prominence: Higher layers in the timeline will always be "seen" first.
* "Chromakey Tool": All popular NLEs (Non Linear Editors) have a tool that will allow you to key out certain colors from a clip.
* The Garbage Matte: All popular NLEs have a tool that will allow you to mask out certain areas of the clip.
Using the ChromaKey
1. Place you "Background Clip" on the first layer of the timeline.
2. Place your "Greenscreen Clip" on the layer above the "Background Clip"
3. From the "Effects Tab": Choose "Video Effects", "Keying" and grab the "Chroma Key" tool
4. Drop the "Chroma Key" tool onto the "Greenscreen Clip"
5. In the "Effects Control" tab in the preview window, drop down the "Chroma Key" tool
6. Click the eyedropper tool and in the program monitor, select the color that you wish to remove from the clip.
7. Adjust the "similarity" setting until all of the green screen is removed from the frame.
QT: Speed up Chrome
By default, Chrome is set to automatically searce for proxy. You can disable this option and significantly speed up the "first load" of websites.
1. Menu - Settings
2. Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and select "Show advanced settings"
3. Scroll down and select "Change proxy settings"
4. Click "LAN Settings"
5. Uncheck "Automatically detect settings"
6. Ok - Ok
In this segment, we're going to show you how to make a "mixed mode" miner: a machine that is powerful enough to mine dogecoin, but flexible enough to allow for regular computer usage.
Choosing your Upgrade Components
- Power Supply: You want a power supply that is rated for ALL of your onboard peripherals + at least 20%. The rule of thumbs is that your motherboard and hard drive will pull 150W, while many high-end cards can pull 200+ watts when running at 100% utilization.
- To SSD or not to SSD: Strictly speaking, a SSD will NOT speed up your dogemining. However, we're making a mixed-mode machine, a SSD will help with giving your machine the capability to mine in the background, allowing you to continue working while your computer uses excess GPU cycles for doge. I recomend the Kingston KC300 series of SSDs. They have an excellent lifespan, solid customer support and top-tier performance.
- System Memory: Like the SSD, this upgrade will NOT help your doge hash rate, unless your have a ridiculous small amount of memory currently in your system. However, upgrading the memory will make the machine usable as a "mixed mode" box.
NVIDIA vs. ATI
Both NVIDIA and ATI make excellent graphics parts, each with their own merrits and weaknesses. However, for $crypto mining, ATI is the superior choice. I recomend the Litecoin Wiki for a good comparison matrix of the various graphics parts.
Configuring your Miner
Now that you have upgraded your power supply, storage, memory and video card, it's time to configure your miner. The configuration makes ALL the difference. A properly configured "CGminer" can increase your hash rate by up to 300%.
1. Go to the Litecoin Wiki and find your video part. Take note of the "config" field"
2. Go into the folder that contains your CGMiner and find your configuration batch files. - If you're using an ATI/AMD graphics part and the files that I made availible in the show notes for Episode 74, You can find it in the "Dogecoin" => Litecoin" => "Mine Litecoins with GPU" => "AMD" folders.
3. Edit the file called "MineWithAMDGPU.bat"
4. Add the login credentials for your mining pool.
5. Add the parameters suggested for your graphics part by the Litecoin Wiki
6. Save and run the file.
* You may want to experiment with the "intensity" level to find the highest value possible without freezing your computer.
* You may also want to create multiple .bat files - one that will utilize the full power of the computer, and the other which will reserve just enough power to allow you to continue using the system while $crypto is being mined in the background.
Connect with us!
Don't forget to check out our large library of projects on this site. If you want to search for a topic, try this custom search engine.
- Google+ Community at gplus.to/twitkh
- Tweet at us using the hashtag #twitkh
- Email us at email@example.com
Please take the Please take the TWiT Audience Survey. It only takes a few minutes and we'd love to know what you think.TWiT Audience Survey.