Santa's Little Helper - Bonus!
Host: Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ
Guest: Lou Maresca
The Code for today's show is available below:
Santa's Little Helper 3/3
MS Open Sources the Halo Framework!
Earlier this week, Microsoft announced that they would be contributing "Project Orleans" to their open-source initiative.
Project Orleans is built on .NET
- "Project Orleans" is the framework that powers "Halo 4" and is used extensively in the Azure cloud
- It's REALLY good at scaling
- Based on the "Actor Model" -- Concurrent computing objects that can communicate with one another
- Unlike Classes... "Orleans Actors" are automatically instantiated and they ALWAYS exist.
The Open Sourcing will be available by early 2015
- Microsoft Research will release the code under an MIT license
- Posted on GitHub
In 2004, Martin Fowler published an article about a pattern named Presentation Model (PM).
MVVM is identical to Fowler's Presentation Model, in that both patterns feature an abstraction of a View, which contains a View's state and behavior.
Fowler introduced Presentation Model as a means of creating a UI platform-independent abstraction of a View, whereas John Gossman introduced MVVM as a standardized way to leverage core features of WPF to simplify the creation of user interfaces.
In that sense, I consider MVVM to be a specialization of the more general PM pattern
Since 2005, MVVM has become more general and more frameworks
Get in Touch With Us!
* Subscribe and get Coding 101 automatically at TWiT.tv!
* Follow PadreSJ on Twitter.
* Watch the show live and join the chatroom every Thursday at 1:30pm PST.
* Email us at Padre@twit.tv .
* Join our Google+ Community!
Bandwidth for Coding 101 is provided by Cachefly.