Santa's Little Helper: 1/3
Host: Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ
Guest: Lou Maresca
Lou Maresca shows us how to create a program that will track the prices of products for the holiday season.
The Code for today's show is available below:
Santa's Little Helper 1/3
Open Source .NET
Microsoft has announced that they wil will open source PARTS of .NET
** They will provide the ENTIRE .NET Server Stack
-- That includes ASP.NET, the .NET Core Runtime, Framework and Libraries
-- This will allow it to be run on both Linux and Mac OSX
-- MS will work with the "Mono" community, sponsored by "Xamarin" to build a C#-based .NET framework that will work on those platforms.
Microsoft ALSO announced that they will distribute a free, FULLY functional version of Visual Studio.
Remember our 4 steps for developing an app:
1. Break down the functions of the app.
2. Gather resources: What services/APIs are availible for my app?
3. Create the Logic Tree: What are the decisions that need to be made for a functional app?
4. Code each part of the logic tree possible:
If you want to play with Xamarin. Visit their site and get the free version of their tool suite. As long as you're not compiling HUGE apps, it should be absolutely free.
If you want a tool to help you convert JSON to C#, try JSON2CSharp.
Get in Touch With Us!
* Subscribe and get Coding 101 automatically at TWiT.tv!
* Follow PadreSJ on Twitter.
* Watch the show live and join the chatroom every Thursday at 1:30pm PST.
* Email us at Padre@twit.tv .
* Join our Google+ Community!
Bandwidth for Coding 101 is provided by Cachefly.