Here are today's top stories from Tech News Today for May 14, 2014:
- Apple is testing a screen for the iPhone 6 with an ultra high-resolution of 1704 x 960, according to a report by Mark Gurman on 9to5Mac. Read more at 9to5mac.com.
- Google is talking “regularly” with major car makers about bringing self-driving cars to market using Google’s technology. Google has even thought about designing its own car, according to a piece this morning in The Wall Street Journal. Read more at wsj.com.
- Yahoo has bought a self-destructing message app company called Blink. The company competed with Snapchat, Frankly, Confide and Wickr but will be shut down after the acquisition. Read more at reuters.com.
- After more than a year of hype during its invitation-only “Explorer Program” beta, Google Glass has quietly gone on sale to the general public in the United States. Read more at google.com/glass/start.
- In related news, a publication called Business Korea Samsung’s competitor to Google Glass, called “Gear Glass,” will ship this fall. Read more at techcrunch.com.
For insight, analysis, and discussion of these topics and more, check out Tech News Today for May 14, 2014.