Here are today's top stories from Tech News Today for June 20, 2014:
- The Wall Street Journal reported this morning that Apple is planning to launch multiple versions of its long-rumored smartwatch. Read more at wsj.com.
- Ahead of Google's I/O conference next week, the company has re leased a video showing how developers can take advantage of its smartwatch-ready Android Wear software. Read more at youtube.com.
- The US House of Representatives has passed a ban on the funding of two NSA surveillance practices. Read more at eff.org.
- Did Microsoft accidentally confirm a Surface Mini? A recently discovered Surface Pro 3 user guide mentions the Surface Mini on four occasions and even talks about its compatibility with the Surface Pen. Read more at theverge.com.
- Microsoft is hinting that it will roll out its first-ever Android phone on Tuesday. Read more at nokia.com.
- Apple employee happiness was the subject of John Gruber's popular "Daring Fireball" podcast this week. Gruber reported talking to Apple employees who kept saying that they were "happy," adding that one Apple employee said "it's fun again" to work at the company. Read more at businessinsider.com.
- A Canadian court ordered Google to remove search results, not just for Canada but worldwide Read more at nytimes.com.
For insight, analysis, and discussion of these topics and more, check out Tech News Today for June 20, 2014.