Here are today's top stories from Tech News Today for June 18, 2014:
- Democrats in both houses of congress introduced bills to ban paid prioritization. Read more at motherboard.vice.com.
- Facebook announced a photo-sharing app called Slingshot that competes with the likes of Snapchat. Read more at cnet.com.
- Microsoft Ventures is launching an accelerator for startups to develop home automation technologies. Read more at wsj.com.
- The BlackBerry10 operating system is about to get a slew of Android apps thanks to a licensing agreement for the Amazon AppStore. Read more at blackberry.com.
- Apple launched a cheap new iMac today, priced at $1,099. That's $200 less than the previous lowest price. Read more at apple.com.
- Adobe’s now trying its hand at hardware. The software company just announced a stylus and ruler. Read more at engadget.com.
For insight, analysis, and discussion of these topics and more, check out Tech News Today for June 18, 2014.