Sorry - I just crashed the server briefly. I'm trying to fix a problem that's causing many of you some headaches.
(Remember this server is still in its first week - we're very much pre-release!)
There are two legal urls for this site: thisweekintech.com and twit.tv. The actual server name is twit.tv but thisweekintech.com will get aliased to it. The problem is that the two urls are used interchangeably in the code for the software that runs the web site (my fault). So you have cookies in two different flavors. I first noticed this when I was logged out when I went to a different page - you should stay logged in automatically.
The access denied errors many of you are getting are due to two reasons:
1. The interchangeable urls are confusing your cookies. Make sure you're logged in.
2. You don't have full access. Subscribers in the first four days were not automatically assigned member status here.
3. DNS is confused for some reason - www.thisweekintech.com thisweekintech.com twit.tv and www.twit.tv should all produce the same results, but the page returned is unpredictable. (Try it for yourself and let me know what you're seeing).
There are five levels of membership on this site:
1. Anonymous - You can read stuff but can't post comments. Some pages are blocked.
2. Authorized User - You have an account here and can post comments, etc.
3. Member - You have donated to the cause. Members have additional access and will get some special sections soon. Some early donors were made authorized users. You will be ugraded as soon as I can write a script to do so.
4. TWiTs - all the various contributors to the podcast
5. Administrator - me
What you can do here depends on your level. You must have an account and be logged in to post.
I'm working on fixing this, and in a day or so everything should be working as expected. Thanks VERY much for your patience and support.